SESSION 1: GYM
HUG HIp Mobility Drill
20 KB Sumo Deadlift, with toes against wall
- Deadlift: starting with empty bar, work up to working weight. Use sets of 5 and add about 10% each set.
- Put on a belt. Do one all out set. Have a partner watch you- when you begin to round, the set is over!
- Take about 20% off the bar. Do 3 sets of 5, resting 1-2 minutes between sets.
- 5x20 Leg Levers- lying or hanging
SESSION 2: RUN, Hypoxic Swim
- Warm-Up: 5 Minute Jog
- 9 Rounds:
20 KB Goblet Squat
20 KB Lunge
- Cooldown with HUG Hip Mobility Drill, holding each position 30 seconds.
- POOL: Hypoxic Pyramid, 700m+
50m breathing every 3 strokes, 50m breathing every 4 strokes, 50m breathing every 5 strokes, etc., keep going until failure, then work your way back down. 700m or slightly over if you need to complete the pyramid. You're not going all out pace wise, the focus is on smooth, powerful strokes and keeping your breathing/heart rate calm.