- Squat Routine 2.0
10 Clapping Pushups
10 inverted row or DB row
10 KB sumo DL with toes against wall
- Bench & Row: warm up from empty bar to working weight.
- Do one all out set of each. THEN cut your reps in half, and do 5 sets at half of your all out set. Superset the bench and row.*
- Squat: warm up from an empty bar to working weight.
- Put on a belt. Do one all out set at your working weight.
- Take your all out reps, cut them in half. Do 5 sets at that number.
*Example: If I get 8 on bench and 10 on row, my 5 sets will be:
5 sets of:
NOTES: This heavy work is about as high volume as you're going to be doing. Soon enough, your volume on "gym" days will reduce, and your "station days" will get harder/longer. Over the course of the summer we will be hammering your conditioning level, so the strength work will scale back to maintenance.