This week, 2 gym days and 2 station days.
Day 1- gym
Squat, bench and row- cut your working weight to about 60%.
- Squat- warm up to new working weight (deloaded)
- Try for 5 sets of 10- keep the reps clean and crisp. If you have to start pausing mid-set, you're done.
- Bench and Pendlay row- follow steps 1 & 2 for bench and row. For the 5 sets of 10, superset if possible.
- 3 sets to failure:
Day 2: Station
Full gear, SCBA, on air. Carry a sandbag , any carry. Up and down stairs for 20 minutes straight.
Day 3: Gym
Deadlift, military press and chinups- deload to about 60% of your current working weight
- Deadlift- warm up to new, deloaded working weight.
- Try for 5 sets of 10- if your form goes bad or you need to start pausing, stop.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 for military press- between all sets, do 10-15 chin-ups.
- 3 Rounds:
Dips to failure OR incline pushups to failure
Pull-ups to failure
Day 4: Station
Wear full gear and SCBA. On air optional. Drag a sled behind you and carry a sandbag. 1 Minute work, 30 seconds rest. 10 rounds (15 minutes total)