- 10 Goblet Squat
- 10 KB Deadlift with toes against wall
- HUG Hip Mobility Drill
- 100 Single Unders
- Work up to approximately 70% of your 1RM on Deadlift. This is your starting working weight.
- Put on a belt. Do one all-out set at your working weight. Have a spotter watch your form- when you start to round, it's time to stop.
- Take about 20-25% off. Do 3-5 sets of 2-3 reps.
- Front Squat: load a bar heavy on the rack. Do two sets to failure, resting 1.5 minutes between. RECORD YOUR SETS.
A. 50 double KB snatch for time
-REST 5 MINUTES-
10 Squats with 2 KB's, 2 DB's or a sandbag*
*This portion of the "grind" should be very intense- there should be NO rest between sprinting and squatting. As soon as you get back to where the weight is, pick it up and start. As soon as the squats are done, drop that weight and get running like you've been shot at.
NOTES: You will be following a minimalist lifting program that centers on the "5-10 Rule". It is focused on loading more weight on the bar when you're ready, and step by step helping you to be ready. You need to record all of your "all-out" sets. They are the defining, central portion of your workouts. If you can't lift a weight 5 reps, it's too heavy for our purposes. If you can lift it more than 10 reps, you're strong enough to move on. So every lift, you need to track- when you can do 10 or more reps in your "all out" set, next time you do that lift, add weight.