3x HUG Hip Mobility Drill
- Low Bar Squat: warm up from about 40% to a comfortable "daily max"*. Put on a belt when you cross 80% of your last known 1RM.
- Take 10-15% off. Set a timer for 15 minutes. Do as many doubles (sets of 2) as you can in that space of time. No set rest times, no grinding, no working to exhaustion, just as many clean, crisp sets of 2 as you can comfortably/safely finish in 15 minutes.
- Deadlift- work up from about 50% to a heavy triple. Wear a belt, and form is king.
- Military or seated press. Repeat step one. Do a set of chin-ups between each set, going one rep past comfortable.
- Press- take 10-15% off. Repeat step 2, only do triples (sets of 3) for 15 minutes- again, no set rest times, but when you start to grind through reps and your form goes south, you're done. Do a comfortable set of chins between each set, going back and forth between press and chins.
- 3x1 minute plank
*"DAILY MAX"- This is NOT your true 1 rep max. This is approximately 85-90%, or a "9" on a 1-10 effort scale. Heavy, but not grinding, no need to get amped up with death metal, form solid. Don't push for PR's.